Knowing our policies
Our advertising policies guide you through what types of advertising content are allowed. Each ad is
reviewed according to these policies when the advertiser places an order.
Ad review process
Before ads are shown on Billibob, they are reviewed to make sure they comply with our advertising
policies. Most ads are usually reviewed within 24 hours, but in some cases this can take longer.
What we notice
During the ad review process, we will examine the image, text, target, and location in your ads, in addition
to the content on your ad's landing page. If the landing page is not fully functional, does not match the
product / service that your ad promotes, or does not fully comply with our advertising policies, your ad
may not be accepted.
What happens when an ad is reviewed?
After your ad has been reviewed, you will receive a notification informing you that your ad has been
approved. If approved, we'll start running your ad and you'll be able to see your results in the active ad.
Re-review of ads
Ads remain subject to review and re-review at all times, and may be rejected for violation of our policies at
any time. It is your responsibility to understand and comply with the Billibob Advertising Policies.
Beyond enforcing our policies on individual ads, violations of our terms and policies may result in further
enforcement actions, such as disabling Ad Accounts, and individual user accounts. Disabled accounts,
cannot run ads, and advertisers may be ineligible to advertise.
If your ad is not approved because it does not fully comply with our policies, you may edit it and resubmit
it for review.
What to do if your ad is rejected?
Create a new ad or edit your ad
You may create a new ad or revise your ad to comply with our Advertising Policies. These ads will be
treated as new ads and reviewed by our ads review system.
Request another review
If you believe that the ad was incorrectly rejected, you can request a review of the decision in Account
1. Community Standards
Adverts must not violate our Community Standards.
2. Illegal products or services
Adverts must not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal products, services or activities. Adverts targeted
to minors must not promote products, services or content that are inappropriate, illegal or unsafe, or that
exploit, mislead or exert undue pressure on the age groups targeted.
3. Discriminatory practices
Ads must not discriminate or encourage discrimination against people based on personal attributes such
as race, ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family
status, disability, medical or genetic condition.
4. Tobacco and related products
Ads must not promote the sale or use of tobacco products and related paraphernalia. Advertisements
must not promote electronic cigarettes, vaporisers or any other products that simulate smoking.
5. Unsafe substances
Adverts must not promote the sale or use of unsafe supplements, as determined by Billibob at its sole
6. Weapons, ammunition or explosives
Ads must not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition or explosives. This includes ads for
weapon modification accessories.
7. Adult products or services
Ads must not promote the sale or use of adult products or services. Ads promoting sexual and
reproductive health products or services, such as contraception and family planning, must be targeted to
people aged 18 and older, and must not focus on sexual pleasure.
8. Adult content
Ads must not contain adult content. This includes nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive
positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
Ads that assert or imply the ability to meet someone, connect with them or view content created by them
must not be positioned in a sexual way or with an intent to sexualise the person featured in the ad.
9. Third-party infringement
Ads must not contain content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including
copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights.
10. Sensational content
Ads must not contain shocking, sensational, inflammatory or excessively violent content.
11. Personal attributes
Ads must not contain content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect
assertions or implications about a person's race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or
practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial
status, voting status, membership in a trade union, criminal record or name.
Billibob prohibits ads that include claims debunked by third-party fact-checkers or, in certain
circumstances, claims debunked by organisations with particular expertise. Advertisers that repeatedly
post information deemed to be false may have restrictions placed on their ability to advertise on Billibob.
13. Controversial content
Ads must not contain content that exploits crises or controversial political or social issues for commercial
14. Non-functional landing page
Adverts must not direct people to non-functional landing pages. This includes landing page content that
interferes with a person's ability to navigate away from the page.
15. Cheating and deceitful practices
Ads may not promote products or services that are designed to enable a user to engage in cheating or
16. Grammar and profanity
Ads must not contain profanity or bad grammar and punctuation. Symbols, numbers and letters must be
used properly, without the intention of circumventing our ad review process or other enforcement
17. Non-existent functionality
Ads must not contain images that portray non-existent functionality. This includes imagery that replicates
play buttons, notifications or checkboxes, as well as ads containing features that do not work, such as
multiple-choice options in the ad creative itself.
18. Personal health
Ads must not contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results. Ad
content must not imply or attempt to generate negative self-perception in order to promote diet, weight
loss or other health-related products.
19. Payday loans, payslip advances and bail bonds
Ads may not promote payday loans, payslip advances, bail bonds or any short-term loans intended to
cover someone's expenses until their next payday. Short-term loan refers to a loan of 90 days or less.
20. Multi-level marketing
Adverts promoting income opportunities must fully describe the associated product or business model,
and must not promote business models offering quick compensation for little investment, including
multi-level marketing opportunities.
21. Penny auctions
Ads may not promote penny auctions, bidding fee auctions or other similar business models.
22. Misleading claims
Ads must not contain deceptive, false or misleading claims, such as those relating to the effectiveness or
characteristics of a product or service, including misleading health, employment or weight-loss claims that
set unrealistic expectations for users.
23. Low-quality or disruptive content
Ads must not contain content leading to external landing pages that provide an unexpected or disruptive
experience. This includes misleading ad positioning, such as overly sensationalised headlines or prompts
for users to inauthentically interact with the ad, and leading people to landing pages that contain minimal
original content and a majority of unrelated or low-quality ad content.
24. Spyware or malware
Adverts must not contain spyware, malware or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive
experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
25. Automatic animation
Ads must not contain audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person interacting with it
or expands within Billibob after someone clicks on the advert.
26. Unacceptable business practices
Ads must not promote products, services, schemes or offers using deceptive or misleading practices,
including those meant to scam people out of money or personal information.
27. Circumventing systems
Ads must not use tactics that are intended to circumvent our ad review process or other enforcement
systems. This includes techniques that attempt to disguise the ad's content or destination page.
28. Prohibited financial products and services
Ads must not promote financial products and services that are frequently associated with misleading or
deceptive promotional practices.
29. Sale of body parts
Ads must not promote the sale of human body parts or fluids.
30. Vaccine discouragement
Ads must not discourage people from vaccination or advocate against vaccines.
Advertisers can not promote or reference
● Online gambling and gaming
● Online pharmacies
● Promotion of over-the-counter medicines
● Subscription services
● Financial and insurance products and services
● Branded content
● Ads about social issues, elections or politics
● Cryptocurrency products and services
● Drug and alcohol addiction treatment
● Cosmetic procedures and weight loss
● Social casino games
● Promotion of prescription drugs
1. You must not use targeting options to discriminate against, harass, provoke or disparage users, or to
engage in predatory advertising practices.
2. If you target your adverts to Custom Audiences, you must comply with the applicable terms when
creating an audience.
1. Relevance: All advert components, including any text, images or other media, must be relevant and
appropriate to the product or service being offered and the audience viewing the advert.
2. Accuracy: Adverts must clearly represent the company, product, service or brand that is being
3. Related landing pages: The products and services promoted in an ad's text must match those
promoted on the landing page, and the destination site must not offer or link to any prohibited product or
Advertisers must not create lead ads questions to request the following types of information.
1. Account numbers: Adverts must not request account numbers, including frequent flyer numbers,
loyalty card numbers or cable or telephone account numbers.
2. Criminal history: Adverts must not request information regarding criminal or arrest history of any
3. Financial information: Adverts must not request financial information, including bank account
numbers, bank routing numbers, credit or debit card numbers, credit scores, income, net worth or how
much debt someone has.
4. Government-issued identifiers: Ads must not request government-issued identifiers, including
National Insurance numbers, passport numbers or driving licence numbers.
5. Health information: Adverts must not request health information, including information on physical
health, mental health, medical treatments, medical conditions or disabilities.
6. Insurance information: Adverts must not request insurance information, including current insurance
7. Political affiliation: Ads must not request information regarding political affiliation.
8. Race or ethnicity: Adverts must not request information regarding the race or ethnicity.
9. Religion: Adverts must not request information regarding religion or philosophical beliefs.
10. Sexual orientation: Adverts must not request information regarding sexual orientation or information
about the sexual life of the individual, including what gender(s) the person prefers to date.
11. Prefill questions: Ads must not request the same or substantially similar information that you could
use a prefill question to request.
12. Trade union membership: Adverts must not request information regarding trade union membership
13. Usernames or passwords: Adverts must not request usernames or passwords, including usernames
and passwords for existing and new accounts.
Use of our brand assets
1. Brand endorsement : Adverts must not imply a Billibob endorsement or partnership of any kind.
2. Brand usage in ads:
● Ads linking to Billibob branded content (including accounts that use Billibob Login) may make
limited reference to "Billibob" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad.
● Ads should not represent the Billibob brand in a way that makes it the most distinctive or
prominent feature of the creative.
● Billibob brand assets should not be modified in any way, such as by changing the design or
colour, or for the purpose of special effects or animation.
3.Copyrights and trademarks: All other ads and landing pages must not use our copyrights,
trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by the Billibob Brand.
4. User interface screenshots :
● When featuring the Billibob User Interface (UI) in an ad, it must accurately depict how the UI
currently appears and functions in product.
● The UI cannot be modified in any way : adding special effects, interference or animation. Glyphs
or elements of the UI cannot be used separately or individually.
Data use restrictions
● Ensure that any advert data collected, received or derived from your Billibob advert ("Billibob
advertising data") is only shared with someone acting on your behalf, such as your service
provider. You are responsible for ensuring that your service providers protect any Billibob
advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit their use of all of this information,
and keep it confidential and secure.
● Don't use Billibob advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data
across multiple advertisers' campaigns or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except
on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorised by Billibob) and only to assess the
performance and effectiveness of your Billibob advertising campaigns.
● Don't use Billibob advertising data, including the targeting criteria for your advert, to build, append
to, edit, influence or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device
identifier or other unique identifiers that identify any particular user, browser, computer or device.
● Don't transfer any Billibob advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate or derived data) to
any advertising network, advert exchange, data broker or other advertising or
Things you should know
1. The Advertising Policies apply to
● adverts and commercial content served by or purchased through Billibob services.
● adverts appearing within apps on Billibob ,
● Your use of Billibob's advertising products and services is part of "Billibob" under Billibob's
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities .
2. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including the cancellation of adverts you have
placed and termination of your account.
3. We do not use sensitive personal data for advert targeting. Topics you choose for targeting your advert
don't reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of the people who use Billibob.
4. Once displayed, ads are public information. Ads may be reshared and accessed outside the targeted
audience, including from the Billibob Products. If users have interacted with your ad, your ad may remain
on Billibob products (for example, shared until the users delete it or visible to users through their account
tools). This means that Billibob may display (at no cost to you) and provide access to the ad content and
creative, as well as information about the ad campaign (such as total spend and delivery data). Billibob
may disclose your advertising content, and all information associated with your advertising, to a
governmental entity or body if Billibob believes that disclosure would assist in a lawful investigation.
5. If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed
through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an
established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser
complies with these Advertising Policies.
6. We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion,
including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services or
activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests or advertising philosophy.
7. These policies are subject to change at any time without notice